From 1700 on the 29th July 2017 to 1700 on the 30th July 2017, myself and a retinue of some of the finest racketeers will be descending upon Brighton's Rose Hill tavern. The plan is to play continuously for 24 hours - all players committed to being in the same space for a full day.
While there's nothing approximating instructions per se, there are a couple of ground rules - no looping and no cycling of members. Due to neighbourly considerations, the performance will be acoustic between 2300-1100 hours.
The venue will be open to all for the duration of the performance but note that access will be restricted after hours - anyone wanting to watch in the wee small hours will have to text a number so one of our highly-trained, crack security guards can let them in. This information will be here and on facebook closer to the time.
I've done a few of these long performances in the past - a 36 hour performance with bangthebore & affiliates in 2011 (documented here and here), and a few 12 hour 'long half days' - one of which is documented here:
Myself and Lisa Jayne of Map 71 have knocked heads for a while over this and have come up with the following merry band of masochists; more detail on each performer to follow soon (patience, pretty one...).
- Lisa Jayne of Map 71: poet, musician, part local legend.
- Sally Shakti Willow: writer, poet, performer.
- Ecka Mordecai: Manchester-based cellist, sound-artist.
- Diana Policarpo: sound-artist, percussionist, and visual artist.
- Dolly Dollycore: musician, magician, and DJ.
- Greta Pistaceci: musician, sound-artist.
- Count Adriano Fettucini, a man of many theatrical talents...
- Jules Arthur: violist, pianist, co-founder of Betabet (and, conveniently enough, co-proprieter of the venue).
- Joshua Legallienne: guitarist, sound-artist, and a key member of Lost Property.
- Megan Clifton of Bloom: multi-instrumentalist, teacher, and composer.
- Myself, Hákarl.
Check back soon for more information or if you simply can't wait, please get in touch with the contact button in the bottom right of your screen there -->